Residents interested in participating in a visiting resident rotation must complete the Visiting Resident Application Form and submit it directly to the residency program. The completed application, application fee ($150.00) and supporting documents are due no less than 4 months prior to the requested start date. Visiting rotations will not be considered for the months of May, June and July due to the processing of incoming and outgoing residents at the transition of the academic year. It is the applicant’s responsibility to periodically inquire of the status of their application.
Visiting residents/fellows must be enrolled in properly accredited programs in the United States or Canada. Only residents and fellows from programs accredited by the following entities in the United States and Canada will be considered.
- Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
Visiting residents/fellows must be in good standing with their program. Visiting residents/fellows must not be on any type of probationary or warning status, nor any type of remediation during the time of application or for the duration of the requested rotation.
Visiting Resident Application Form (Contact program for application form)
- Completed application form.
- Documentation of immunizations.
- Documentation of influenza vaccine for current season (September or later).
- Documentation of Tuberculin skin test taken within 12 months of the start date of rotation.
- Documentation of occupational drug screen.
Medical license or training permit
- Copy of medical license to practice in the State of Hawaii.
Program Letter of Agreement (PLA)
- Signed PLA (processed after initial approval of rotation).
- Proof of professional liability coverage (MUST have coverage amount no less than $100,000/claim and $300,000/aggregate).
Personal health insurance
- Copy of current personal health insurance card.
Current ACLS/PALS provider certification
- Copy of current ACLS/PALS provider certification card.
Criminal background check